Jane Brody continues to support families experiencing child sexual abuse with an article on Safe Horizon. She describes a remarkably effective brief intervention developed at their trauma center that, according to Steven R. Marans, professor of psychiatry at Yale and director of the center, greatly diminishes symptoms in traumatized children and those who care for them. Read more @ http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/a-brief-therapy-helps-heal-trauma-in-children/
- Two important new resources for educators and families on Cyber-bullying and the Impact of Bullying on Substance AbuseThis new resource
- Figuring out limits with technology – sound advice
- Why Do We Judge Parents For Putting Kids At Perceived — But Unreal — Risk?
- Traveling Safely and Being Prepared for Whatever Comes Up
- When should your child have a smartphone?