Sherryll Kraizer, PhD., is an internationally recognized expert and author in child sexual abuse, physical and emotional abuse, bullying, and child safety.
Background Experience – Dr. Kraizer was on the ground floor of the child abuse prevention field in the early ‘80s, working with the C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect and founding the Coalition for Children. She has written many articles, books and curricula that address recognition, prevention and reporting of child abuse (including sexual, physical, emotional and neglect). She also has expertise in the areas of bullying, school safety, special education, and duty to supervise in a wide variety of settings.
Working with schools, religious organizations, community groups and treatment facilities, Dr. Kraizer has a deep and historically accurate understanding of the standard of care, policies and procedures, training, and supervision consistent with protecting children as they have evolved over time.
Dr. Kraizer has extensive experience in cases involving child abuse and bullying in youth serving organizations and institutional settings (i.e. schools, churches, foster care, youth groups, day care, treatment centers, residential facilities and hospitals), failure to properly train and supervise staff, failure to supervise children, child injury and death cases, abuse by teachers, clergy or staff members and child-on-child abuse. She is qualified to assess standard of care, policies, procedures, best practices and questions of negligence.
Litigation Support – Since 1992, Dr. Kraizer has worked nationally for plaintiffs and defendants alike. Understanding the issues on both sides, she is able to review your case and advise you on the strength of the evidence, areas for further discovery, deposition and trial preparation. As a forensic expert, she can assist you in asking the right questions to make informed decisions about each case.
Dr. Kraizer has extensive experience in cases involving:
- Child Abuse or Injury/Accidents in Institutional Settings (i.e. private and public schools, churches, foster care, youth groups, day care, treatment centers, residential facilities, and hospitals)
- Abuse Over Time Involving Multiple Victims
- Child Sexual Abuse and Assault, Physical Abuse, Emotional Abuse and Neglect
- Boundary Violation
- Standard of Care, Negligence and Best Practices
- Policies and Procedures
- Staff training and Supervision
- Failure to Supervise
- Sexual Abuse by Teachers, Clergy, Staff Members, Volunteers, and Child-On-Child Abuse
- Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
- Bullying and Interpersonal Violence
- Wrongful Death
Please contact Dr. Kraizer at: 303.809.9001.